Our team here at Waterford Treasures are on hand to assist you with any questions you may have. You'll find help and assistance, should you need it, at the reception desk.
- The nearest public car park is 2 minutes away in Bolton Street Public Car Park.
- Alternatively, there is on-street parking (pay by meter) on the Quays, the Mall, Parnell Street and City Square Shopping Centre all within easy walking distance.
- There are public blue badge disabled parking spaces available in most of these areas.
- There are cloakroom facilities available at the reception desk on your arrival.
- Accessible toilets are available on all floors of the Medieval Museum.
- Baby changing facilities are available within the Medieval Museum.
- Pushchairs/strollers can be left at the museum entrance.
- Large backpacks, bags or suitcases should be left with reception in order to facilite easy of access through the museum.
Lifts and Access to the Galleries
- We have a main lift to all floors and a disability lift to all floors.
- The museum caters for visitors with varying abilities.
- Mobile stools are available upon request at reception.
- Wheel chair is also available upon request at reception.
- There is seating located throughout the museum.
- If you are in the Medieval Museum, lost property queries can be made at the reception desk or contact +353 (0)761 10 2501.
Photography, Filming & Drawing
- Hand-held cameras may be used in the galleries, however the use of flash, video cameras, tripods and other digital equipment is not permitted.
- Photographs taken in the galleries can only be used for personal use. Commercial use of any kind is not permitted. However we encourage visitors to post photographs taken in the museum on Facebook and on other social media platforms.
- For permission in relation to filming, please contact in writing Eamonn McEneaney, Museum Director, Waterford Treasures - Three Museums in the Viking Triangle, Viking Triangle, Waterford.
- Sketching and drawing is always welcome.
Eating & Drinking
- No food or drink is permitted within the Museum Exhibition Galleries.
- There is a café located in the Bishop's Palace beside the Medieval Museum.
- A gift shop is located just inside the main entrance to the Medieval Museum.
- We have excellent corporate event facilities here at the Medieval Museum. If you require something special for your event, please contact Clíona Purcell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on direct dial +353 (0)761 10 2675.
- The Medieval Museum is available for wedding ceremonies during the months of October to April inclusive. For full details please contact Clíona Purcell at email@example.com or on direct dial +353 (0)761 10 2675.
- The Medieval Museum is available for wedding photography during the months of October to April inclusive. For full details please contact Clíona Purcell at firstname.lastname@example.org or on direct dial +353 (0)761 10 2675.