Our team here at Waterford Treasures are on hand to assist you with any questions you may have. You'll find help and assistance, should you need it, at the reception desk.
- The nearest public car park is less than 3 minutes away in Bolton Street Public Car Park.
- Alternatively, there is on-street parking (pay by meter) on the Quays, the Mall, Parnell Street, Heneritta Steet and City Square Shopping Centre all within easy walking distance.
- There are public blue badge disabled parking spaces available in most of these areas.
- There are cloakroom facilities available at the reception desks in the Medieval Museum and in the Bishop's Palace.
- Accessible toilets are available in the Medieval Museum and in the Bishop's Palace.
- Baby changing facilities are available in the Bishop's Palace.
- Pushchairs/strollers can be left at the reception desk in the Medieval Museum and in the Bishop's Palace.
- Large backpacks, bags or suitcases should be left with reception in order to facilite easy of access through the museum.
Lifts and Access to the Galleries
- We have lifts / elevators availible in the Bishop's Palace and in the Medieval Museum.
- The museums cater for visitors with varying abilities.
- Mobile stools are available upon request at reception.
- Wheel chair is also available upon request at reception.
- There is seating located throughout the museums.
- Lost property queries can be made at the reception desk or contact +353 (0)51 849501.
Photography, Filming & Drawing
- Hand-held cameras may be used in the galleries, however the use of flash, video cameras, tripods and other digital equipment is not permitted.
- Photographs taken in the galleries can only be used for personal use. Commercial use of any kind is not permitted. However we encourage visitors to post photographs taken in the museum on Facebook and on other social media platforms.
- For permission in relation to filming, please contact in writing Eamonn McEneaney, Museum Director, Waterford Treasures - Three Museums in the Viking Triangle, Viking Triangle, Waterford.
- Sketching and drawing is always welcome.
Eating & Drinking
- No food or drink is permitted within the Museum Exhibition Galleries.
- There is a café located in the Bishop's Palace beside the Medieval Museum.
- There is a gift shop in the Medieval Museum.
- We have excellent corporate event facilities at the Medieval Meuseum. If you require something special for your event, please contact David Rogers at email@example.com or on direct dial +353 (0)51 849646.
- The Medieval Museum is available for wedding photography during the months of Ocotber to April inclusive. For full details please contact David Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or on direct dial +353 (0)51 849646